The Run for The Roses is alway best described as the best two minutes in sports. Let's take a look at a little longer time frame from an investment point of view. Directly below is how we profiled the name in our 4/30 Consumer Report and then we will take a peak at the WEEKLY chart.
- Gambling play higher by 25% YTD and 12% over the last one year period. Dividend yield of .5%.
- Rose 8.2% last week for third best weekly gain in last one year, also on third best weekly volume in same timeframe.
- Enter on pullback into very round par number at 100.75 after recent breakout above cup base.
- First CLOSE above 100 Monday since 7/25/18. Add to this name above 104.96 cup base pivot in pattern that started in May '18.
- Enter CHDN 100.75. Stop 96.25.
- Longer the base the greater the move on the potential breakout.
- Strong volume trends last couple years have stock just 2% off most recent all time highs.
- Look for stability above very round par number where name was hesitant last spring too.
- Could be on verge of major move higher.
If you like what you read why not take a 2 week FREE trial at www.chartsmarter.com.